For many people, a “personalized” Bible means that their name is on the cover. Let’s take it one step further, and put the person’s name “in” different verses!
To see someone’s name in scripture makes it very personal. It’s much easier to touch someone’s heart with scripture when their name is in it. Try it! Below you will find a list of scriptures that have been mildly paraphrased to focus on emotional healing and to be more personal. Feel free to encourage yourself, or others by following the instructions below! If you are the one that needs encouragement, use your own name! Here’s an example of the 23rd Psalm:
The LORD is John’s shepherd; John shall lack nothing really needed.
He makes John lie down in beautiful, green pastures;
He leads John beside the calm, still waters.
He restores John’s soul …
Here’s all you need to do:
- Click on a scripture below, and enter the name you want to include.
- You’ll see the scripture with the name filled in!
- You can then share with them it in several ways:
- Email: To email it to someone, enter their email address* in the box at the bottom, and your name as the sender in the other box.
- Text: You can text (If you are using a cell phone or tablet) using the SMS button at the bottom and enter their phone number*. They will get a link to the page, with their name already in it.
- Print: You can print it. Printing advice is found here.
Quickly jump to a section
(often called the Old Testament)
- Psalm 1 Blessed is …
- Psalm 5 (a morning prayer)
- Psalm 6 (a prayer for mercy)
- Psalm 11 (a prayer in tough times)
- Psalm 13 (for feeling deserted by God)
- Psalm 16 (a personal prophecy)
- Psalm 18, verses 27-42, “The Soldier’s Psalm”
- Psalm 20 (reassurance)
- Psalm 23 The Lord is My Shepherd
- Psalm 25 (prayer for guidance and protection)
- Psalm 27 (song of confidence)
- Psalm 31 (trusting God for deliverance)
- Psalm 34 (praising God)
- Psalm 37 (wisdom)
- Psalm 43 (plea for vindication)
- Psalm 46 God is My Refuge and Strength
- Psalm 54 (Song for the Distressed)
- Psalm 91 (The ‘Psalm of Protection’)
- Psalm 121 (reminder about being in God’s hands)
- Psalm 151 (David’s victory over Goliath!)
Quickly jump to a section
(often called the New Testament)
- Desert Experience, Matthew 4
- The Sermon on the Mount, Matthew 5:1-11
- The King’s Gratefulness, Matthew 25
- The Lord’s Prayer, Matthew 6:9-13
- Encouraging a Woman, Luke 1:26-38
- Jesus Prays for You!, John 17:15-26
- How God Really Sees You, Romans 8
- How to Live, Romans 12
- Learning Love, 1 Corinthians 13
- Getting Dressed in Armor, Ephesians 6:10-18
- A Personal Reminder, 3 John
- Gentle Reminders for Leaders, Titus 2 and 3
- Hang in There, 2 Timothy 2
- Reminder from James, James 1
I am open to expanding this project. If you want to recommend any uplifting, emotionally fulfilling scripture to be added to the above list, please email me .
You can read about this project’s history here.
* I do not track or keep email addresses nor phone numbers.